Client Success Manager
Client Success Managers (CSM) at Trellance lead client engagements, build relationships with key decision makers, and manage client-facing projects. CSM’s deliver a superior customer experience and ensure client success and satisfaction with the company’s data analytics solution and other services. By identifying and pursuing renewal, adoption, upsell, and cross-sell opportunities the company can monetize, the CSM ensures low client attrition and high lifetime customer value (LCV). Individuals in this role are important links between internal teams and external clients, delivering company updates and performing strategic account reviews while gathering and communicating client feedback.
Client Engagement (Non-Technical):
- Serve as initial point of contact in the delivery of a superior customer experience, ensuring client success and satisfaction with existing solutions and pending implementations.
- Continuously deliver a strategic narrative that educates clients about industry trends and how Trellance fits in to that new future, being an ambassador for the company’s brand.
- Share and explain release notes, enhancements, use cases, roadmaps, PR/announcements, case studies, and best practices with clients; position company as a software and thought leader.
- Conduct virtual and/or onsite strategic account reviews, outlining current projects and “next-step” opportunities; demonstrate value with performance and benchmarking metrics.
- Identify and pursue renewal, adoption, upsell, and cross-sell opportunities the company can monetize; ensure low client attrition and high lifetime customer value (LCV).
- Periodically aggregate and synthesize client feedback, market developments, and competitive insights; share proposals for additional product enhancements on the company’s roadmap.
Client Engagement (Technical):
- Scope requests for custom enhancements, contributing to the development of proposals for professional services, statements of work, and final contracts.
- Deliver business and technical updates to clients, respond to client inquiries, in a timely manner; prepare client-facing deliverables like project charters, status reports, and issue/action registers.
- Support clients with tier 1 data analytics issues in areas such as server configuration, control totals, mapped, marts, ODS, quick connect, etc.
- Ask probing, clarifying questions to client requests, explore options for solutions, and propose viable alternatives, where possible, before any escalation of issues or requests.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key executives and decision makers within assigned clients, highlighting progress and managing both reality and perceptions.
- Make strong impressions while representing Trellance and its value proposition/story at client meetings, planning sessions, conferences, and other speaking engagements.
- Coordinate participation of select clients on the company’s advisory board(s) and/or with product beta tests, ensuring signed non-disclosure agreements (NDA) for scope of involvement.
- Nominate worthy clients for company awards at annual client conference, using criteria such as project leadership, vision, program excellence, multi-product usage, innovative use cases, etc.
- Document client contacts, interactions, updates, opportunities, etc. in company CRM system(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the related field; alternatively, a high school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the related field.
Company / Industry Knowledge: Client management experience with quantifiable achievements at B2B technology, software, data analytics, or payments companies is preferred. Experience with account management, client services, or consulting with credit unions, banks, or financial institutions is desirable.
Role-based Skills: Excellent communication skills with client stakeholders. Experience building and managing project plans, delivering technical updates, and negotiating agreements or commercial terms. Facilitate meetings and effectively present information to top management, board of directors, and other key decision-makers. Able to work independently and as part of a team, organizing and managing several projects simultaneously. Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills needed to solve problems; review or negotiate financial and legal documents; assess options, alternatives, and tradeoffs.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, contact database, client support software, and CRM system skills.
Language Ability: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to facilitate meetings and effectively present information to top management, board of directors and other key personnel. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers in the course of daily job duties. The vision requirements include close vision. Significant mental stress may be incurred due to time deadlines, pressures and demands from both internal and external sources. Overnight travel is required (up to 30%) along with the ability to work effectively throughout the U.S. dealing with very different and numerous clients.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@trellance.com.