Cloud Data Architect
Provide leadership and direction for defining application specific cloud strategy aligned to our business and technology roadmaps.
- As a technical influencer in our organization, increase productivity and efficiency of our team members by sharing your deep knowledge and experience in software engineering, data engineering, cloud engineering and automation.
- Provide technical and data leadership for our organization. Being conversant with and cognizant of the future direction of systems, how the direction will impact enterprise, and how future and current systems can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise.
- Responsible for the vision, direction, and governance of the data analytics platform. Support innovative ideas with research, experimentation, business analysis, use of systems technology, including architecture, integration capabilities, proof of concepts and database management.
- Learn and review current on-premise platform to evolve to a cloud based future state.
- Provide architecture / design migration path from current on-premise solution to new cloud solution.
- Architect a state-of-the-art technology enabled, secure and flexible data analytics platform to unlock disparate data sources.
- Evaluate multiple options and determine the best cloud technology choices for data ingestion, storage, governance, compute and visualization.
- Architect / design a cloud native modern data platform that will be the single source of truth for all enterprise raw and transformed data. Design and build capabilities for batch / real-time data ingestion, data transformation, analytics and visualization for structured and unstructured data.
- Use state-of-the-art tools and technologies to enable full cloud optimization, seamless elasticity and end-to-end automation.
- Develop a world-class scalable platform that will ensure data security, discoverability and resiliency.
- Work as a technical evangelist in fostering the tech-savvy culture across the business as well as encouraging forward-thinking development.
- Provide thought leadership not only at the project level, but in a strategic manner, provide consultation to key business leaders and stay current on new technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in data warehousing architectural approaches and at least three (3) years of cloud data experience.
Company / Industry Knowledge: Prior experience in banking, credit union or financial services industries is strongly preferred.
- Hands-on data architect and with strong knowledge of architecting end-to-end data pipelines and data processing systems using cloud native technologies.
- Advanced understanding of the data warehouse discipline, including data lakes, data mapping, data mining, data dependencies, structured and unstructured data, SQL, and ETL.
- Extensive hands on experience designing and building end-to-end data processing systems using the best breed of database and data warehousing technologies.
- Strong expertise in building secure and scalable data analytics platform using the best breed of cloud automation and programming tools.
- Strong hands on experience in data transformation using one or more modern ETL tools.
- Extensive experience working in data governance, security, lineage and resiliency.
- Expert in gathering requirements from business users / stakeholders and effectively translating them into a data eco-system design that supports frictionless data flow and analytics across various systems and teams.
- Familiarity with PCI and SOC2 compliance standards.
Other Skills: Strong business acumen. Strong project management skills. Strong problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills – a team player who can effectively partner with all levels of the company. Detail oriented and organized. Ability to handle numerous assignments simultaneously. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Language Ability: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to facilitate meetings and effectively present information to top management, board of directors and other key personnel. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, or members of the business community.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and a contact database product.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers in the course of daily job duties. The vision requirements include close vision. Significant mental stress may be incurred due to time deadlines, pressures and demands from both internal and external sources. Overnight travel is very likely (up to 25%) along with the ability to work effectively throughout the U.S. dealing with very different and numerous clients.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@trellance.com.