Data Analyst works closely with the business and technical teams and is a major contributor to the requirements specification deliverable, writes the business and functional requirements. This person understands business and ensures that there is integration between business and technology.
Performs feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with the project management team to prioritizes deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities. The Data Analyst understands development processes (SDLC), is very analytical, is able to interpret intermediate to advanced SQL logic, is highly organized, and possesses problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues in a matrix organization.
- Performs feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with the project management team to prioritizes deliverables, and negotiate on product functionalities.
- Creates detailed Business Requirement Document (BRD) and translate it into functional specifications.
- Acts as internal product owner to define and publish business requirements.
- Provides support to development, implementation and production teams.
- Works with SQL teams to guide development of new products. Provides analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- Partners with development and analytic teams to provide reporting on software solutions.
- Participates in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
- Executes and helps improve company processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or IT
- 3+ years of experience working as a Functional, Data or Business Analyst
- 3+ years’ experience in Access, Excel (Advanced), Visio, and MS Project
- 3+ years of customer interfacing experience – project oversight, customer presentation.
- 3+ years SQL Server knowledge – Tables, Views, stored procedures
- Intermediate/Advanced SQL writing skills – T-SQL, temp tables, CTEs, and complex joins
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers in the course of daily job duties. The vision requirements include close vision. Significant mental stress may be incurred due to time deadlines, pressures and demands from both internal and external sources.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@trellance.com.