The Data Architect is an individual contributor role responsible for aligning and executing the future state enterprise information architecture with the Trellance strategy. This role collaborates with solutions architects and subject matter experts from product management and IT areas.
- Develop and support implementation of the Trellance Data Architecture Strategy.
- Conduct data product/platform reviews and evaluations and identify gaps
- Create and review logical and physical data models
- Experience in working and delivering results in Agile environment
- Detail oriented and organized. Ability to manage multiple projects and task concurrently
- Directly engage with and provide architectural recommendation and guidance to business and technology partners.
- Responsible for developing business requirements document and source to target mapping and data model.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field.
Company / Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of financial institutions and financial data, preferably credit union or retail banking related.
- 5+ years of experience working as Data Architect
- Expert on Star Schema Data warehouse design and Implementation Source-To-Reports
- Hands on with SQL Server 2012-2016 and services (SSIS, SSRS)
- Experience in Agile development methodology
- Experience with data governance, data retention, data storage, and data service integration
- Experience defining and implementing architecture standards
- Experience with enterprise data management solutions and platforms in the areas of MDM, data quality management, data governance, metadata management, ETL
- Exposure to cloud environments (especially Azure) and Hybrid Workloads – experience with developing cloud data strategies, best practices and standards
- Experience with modern data pipelines, data streaming, and using real time analytics tools
- Some travel may be required.
Other Skills: Ability to navigate ambiguous situations successfully. Strong problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills – a team player who can effectively partner with all levels of the company. Strong project management skills. Excellent presentation skills and strong negotiation skills. Detail oriented and organized. Ability to manage multiple projects and task concurrently. Ability to work independently and be self-motivated by the work.
Language Ability: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to facilitate meetings and effectively present information to management and other key personnel. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, or members of the business community.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and a contact database product.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers in the course of daily job duties. The vision requirements include close vision. Significant mental stress may be incurred due to time deadlines, pressures and demands from both internal and external sources. Some overnight travel may be required along with the ability to work effectively throughout the U.S. dealing with very different and numerous clients.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@trellance.com.