Data Governance Director
The Data Governance Lead will be crucial enabler of our journey to the Cloud. This role will be responsible to design and execute the Data Governance strategy to effectively implement our Azure Cloud solution.
- Build and manage the enterprise data management & analytics platform comprising of data ingestion, data processing, data lake, big data, data visualization, machine learning platforms, builds curated data sets, acquisition of data from traditional and new, internal and external sources, integration of data to support near-real-time to specified latency as demanded by business requirements.
- Evangelize the concept of “data as an asset”.
- Manage an enterprise data roadmap by partnering with business and technology teams to drive execution through specific use cases for both on premises and cloud solution.
- Develop and implement data governance artifacts such as data strategy, data governance framework, data policy, data procedures and data standards.
- Closely partner with enterprise architecture team in setting/managing and adhering to enterprise data standards, practices, and enterprise reference models
- Create data governance center of excellence and ensure data management processes are implemented across the organization.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Maximize adoption of self-service reporting and analytics capabilities with proper data governance to ensure uniform and standard view and use of certified reports and metrics
- Establish, implement and measure key performance Indicators for success of data governance program adoption.
- Foster an environment of empowering team members by encouraging collaboration, clear communication, creativity and critical thinking.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in IT from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in the field.
Company / Industry Knowledge: In depth knowledge of financial institutions and financial data, preferably credit union or retail banking related.
- Professional Data Management certification desirable.
- 10+ years of data governance and management experience with a financial institution, a fintech company, or a provider to the financial services business sector.
- 7+ years of experience working as data governance lead, implementing data governance frameworks, data policies, procedures and data standards.
- 5+ years of customer interfacing experience – project oversight, customer presentation.
- Deep knowledge of data privacy (data protection acts like GDPR, CCPA).
- Experience with enterprise data management solutions and platforms in the areas of MDM, Data Quality Management, Data Governance, Metadata Management, Data Analytics, ETL/ELT, Data Warehouse and data lakes
- Exposure to multi-cloud and cloud environments (Azure) – experience with developing cloud data strategies, best practices and standards.
- Experience with modern data pipelines, data streaming, and using real time analytics tools.
- Experience in big data solutions and emerging technologies like Hadoop, Columnar, Spark, Python, NoSQL, Graph Databases, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- Proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Able to adapt to quick changes in direction.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and thought-leadership.
- Applying a growth mindset and an eagerness to innovate.
- Some travel may be required.
Other Skills: Strong problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills – a team player who can effectively partner with all levels of the company. Strong project management skills. Excellent presentation skills and strong negotiation skills. Detail oriented and organized. Ability to manage multiple projects and task concurrently. Ability to work independently and be self-motivated by the work.
Language Ability: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to facilitate meetings and effectively present information to management and other key personnel. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, or members of the business community.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and a contact database product.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers in the course of daily job duties. The vision requirements include close vision. Significant mental stress may be incurred due to time deadlines, pressures and demands from both internal and external sources. Some overnight travel may be required along with the ability to work effectively throughout the U.S. dealing with very different and numerous clients.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@trellance.com.