Data Quality Director
Responsible for coordinating with other stakeholders to design and execute the Data Quality strategy to effectively implement our Azure Cloud solution as well as maintaining high standard of quality in our current on-premise solutions.
- Communicate the overall data quality vision and strategy to all levels of stakeholders in the organization and demonstrate the business value in data quality to all levels of the organization.
- Define standards for data quality data lifecycle for our new Azure on-cloud solution and on-premise solution and monitors compliance.
- Facilitate consistent adoption of data quality principles, policies, standard and frameworks across the enterprise, demonstrating the value added by adoption.
- Responsible for defining and executing data quality rules, measure results, assess potential issues and lead remediation plans to mitigate data quality deficiencies.
- Oversee data quality issues management process and maintain repository of data quality issues.
- Create and maintain enterprise wide data quality dashboard of controls and data quality metrics.
- Support our data management consulting department by advising clients in the data quality space.
- Foster an environment of empowering team members by encouraging collaboration, clear communication, creativity and critical thinking.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in IT from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in the field.
Company / Industry Knowledge: In depth knowledge of financial institutions and financial data, preferably credit union or retail banking related.
- 3+ years of experience as Informatica Developer and/or Informatica Analyst is required.
- Professional Data Quality Certification desirable.
- 10+ years of hands on data quality experience with a financial institution, a fintech company, or a provider to the financial services business sector.
- 4+ years of experience implementing data quality programs in Azure environment with proven success.
- 5+ years of customer interfacing experience – project oversight, customer presentation.
- 7+ years with hands one experience with Informatica Data Quality, developing/implementing large numbers of data quality rules.
- In depth knowledge of retail banking industry.
- Experience with modern data pipelines, data streaming, and using real time analytics tools.
- Experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and thought-leadership.
- Some travel may be required.
Other Skills: Strong problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills – a team player who can effectively partner with all levels of the company. Strong project management skills. Excellent presentation skills and strong negotiation skills. Detail oriented and organized. Ability to manage multiple projects and task concurrently. Ability to work independently and be self-motivated by the work. Able to adapt to quick changes in direction. Able to apply a growth mindset and an eagerness to innovate.
Language Ability: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to facilitate meetings and effectively present information to management and other key personnel. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, or members of the business community.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and a contact database product.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers in the course of daily job duties. The vision requirements include close vision. Significant mental stress may be incurred due to time deadlines, pressures and demands from both internal and external sources. Some overnight travel may be required along with the ability to work effectively throughout the U.S. dealing with very different and numerous clients.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@trellance.com.