Perform ETL functions in a data warehousing environment. Demonstrate advanced SQL coding skills as the main mechanism for data extraction and transformation. Collaborate with the data analysis team in refining requirements and identifying data quality issues.
- Write advanced SQL including some query tuning.
- Design, build and deploy effective SSIS packages.
- Implement stored procedures and effectively query a database.
- Translate requirements from the business and analyst into technical code.
- Identify and test for bugs and bottlenecks in the ETL solution.
- Ensure the best possible performance and quality in the packages.
- Provide support and fix issues in the packages.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field.
Company / Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of financial institutions and financial data, preferably credit union or retail banking related a plus.
- 3+ years of Advanced SQL experience.
- Experience designing and building complete ETL/SSIS processes moving and transforming data for ODS, Staging, and Data Warehousing.
- Experience in the identification of data quality.
- Some database design experience is helpful.
- Some Knowledge of C#/VB.NET a plus.
- Utilize ad-hoc techniques to perform on-the-fly analysis of data.
- Proficient in how to deploy to and debug a production SSIS environment.
- Experience with Jira and code repository procedures a plus.
Other Skills: Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills – a team player who can effectively partner with all levels of the company. Detail oriented and organized. Ability to handle numerous assignments simultaneously. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Must be able to work in a matrix structure.
Language Ability: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to facilitate meetings and effectively present information to management and other key personnel. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, or members of the business community.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and a contact database product.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers in the course of daily job duties. The vision requirements include close vision. Significant mental stress may be incurred due to time deadlines, pressures and demands from both internal and external sources. Some overnight travel may be required along with the ability to work effectively throughout the U.S. dealing with very different and numerous clients.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@trellance.com.