Payments RFP Engagement Analyst
Responsible for leading end-to-end engagements for the company’s Vendor Evaluation Services team (VES). The VES team helps credit unions find innovative ways to reduce costs, manage vendor selection, improve vendor relationships, and stimulate portfolio growth. We seek to help our clients extract the maximum value from their vendors and the products and services they offer.
- Manage assigned client engagements with the goal of delivering on the stated objectives outlined in the Statement of Work document executed by the credit union and in alignment with the Trellance consulting engagement guidelines
- Work with VES team to develop and/or improve business lines where credit union clients can leverage our operational expertise and take full advantage of our services.
- Work with VES team to develop processes and frameworks that effectively enhance our service offerings and that meet corporate and client objectives. This includes the design of product features, product pricing, contractual terms, and quality standards.
- Synthesize client issues by utilizing a high level of subject matter expertise and technical acumen to approach client engagements in an educated manner to deliver meaningful and profitable consulting advice.
- Consult with clients to assist them with negotiating effective partnerships, contracts and pricing with their current and prospective vendors.
- Oversee multiple consulting projects annually to ensure high quality engagements that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Lead and contribute to sales proposals, client presentations and the finalization of engagement-related deliverables.
- Create project plans and timelines to successfully meet client needs.
- Succeed in developing and maintaining relationships with key C-Level Executives and decision makers.
- Proactively engage with clients in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with clients.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to support efforts to deliver impactful messaging on our capabilities and solutions and consult with clients regarding product adoption.
- Represent Trellance at client presentations/meetings, tradeshows, conferences, board meetings and other speaking opportunities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field.
Company / Industry Knowledge: Experience in vendor management consulting, vendor selection proposal preparation and execution, technology, analytics and RFP consulting services strongly preferred. Implementation/project management experience in the payments processing space (credit, debt) is preferred. Knowledge of credit union or financial services is a strongly preferred.
- Significant client-facing experience in the credit union industry.
- Proven capability in consulting service development and management and delivery of services to clients.
- Prior experience in proposal preparation, project management, and service development.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of basic principles of management, operations, and good judgment in their application to financial services.
- Understanding of several facets of financial services including, but not limited to, consulting, vendor management, vendor selection, payments, compliance, and security.
Other Skills: Strong business acumen. Strong project management skills. Ability to comfortably interact with executive level clients. Strong problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills – a team player who can effectively partner with all levels of the company. A strategic thinker who understands the big picture and business issues, and can also oversee day-to-day operations. Detail oriented and organized. Ability to handle numerous assignments simultaneously. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Language Ability: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to facilitate meetings and effectively present information to top management, board of directors and other key personnel. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, or members of the business community.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and a contact database product.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers in the course of daily job duties. The vision requirements include close vision. Significant mental stress may be incurred due to time deadlines, pressures and demands from both internal and external sources. Some overnight travel is required (up to 30%) along with the ability to work effectively with a broad and diverse client base.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@trellance.com.