As a Sales Engineer at Trellance, you play an integral role in sales of our product offerings. You work closely with the sales team to understand clients’ technical and business needs and to demonstrate how those can be achieved through the capabilities of our platforms.
You own the technical dimension of the sales cycle and must successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, communication and coordination skills between prospects and internal Trellance sales teams to achieve your mission.
- Serve as the primary technical resource and product expert for the sales team.
- Perform client and prospect product demonstrations (both virtual and in-person).
- Understand, document and interpret customer requirements to determine fit within Trellance’s offerings and craft solutions to meet their needs.
- Identify any custom technical requirements and coordinate as necessary with product team.
- Assist with technical sections for RFP/RFI and vendor assessments for new and existing clients.
- Share sales and product insights and feedback with product management team to facilitate new features and updates to the product roadmap.
- Translate deep technical information for a variety of audiences.
- Develop strong relationships with customers, sales and product teams as a trusted advisor to facilitate solution improvements.
- Partner with our product teams to stay abreast of new product features and enhancements that could affect Trellance’s offerings in the sales process.
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Trellance in relation to them.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field.
Company / Industry Knowledge: Prior experience in credit union or financial services industries is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a sales engineer or solutions engineer.
- Must have client facing experience and strong presentation skills.
- Experience and track record of success in pre-sales of data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders and winning value propositions.
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. PowerBI, Business Objects, Tableau).
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools.
- Strong skills in databases, data warehouses, and data processing.
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack).
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools.
- Experience creating detailed technical proposal and implementation plans.
- Experience preparing RFP and RFI responses.
Other Skills: Strong problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills – a team player who can effectively partner with all levels of the company. Strong project management skills. Detail oriented and organized. Ability to handle numerous assignments simultaneously. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Language Ability: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to facilitate meetings and effectively present information to top management, board of directors and other key personnel. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, or members of the business community.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and a contact database product.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers in the course of daily job duties. The vision requirements include close vision. Significant mental stress may be incurred due to time deadlines, pressures and demands from both internal and external sources. Overnight travel is very likely (up to 25%) along with the ability to work effectively throughout the U.S. dealing with very different and numerous clients.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@trellance.com.