Senior Software Quality Analyst
This position is based in our Tampa office located on beautiful Rocky Point. All parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
The Sr. Software Quality Assurance Analyst is a hands-on member of the Quality Assurance team responsible for the design, development and execution of functional and regression test sets and scenarios that validate the business requirements and acceptance criteria of new and existing product functionality conducive to the quality delivery of software solutions to our customers.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure that acceptance criteria and/or user experience expectations are fully understood.
- Identify and document positive and negative test scenarios and use cases that will be required to validate acceptance criteria.
- Document and maintain requirements to test case traceability by domain.
- Develop manual and automated tests prior to development start to assist team in test driven development.
- Execute manual and automated tests, reporting results and tracking defects.
- Clearly document and communicate defects including steps and data needed to replicate.
- Conduct exploratory testing to find issues that may not be found in prescribed testing.
- Collaborate with engineering to identify, triage, and reproduce reported bugs and issues.
- Participate in code deployment to smoke test and validate post-deployment functionality.
- Engage in QA process improvements to continuously “shift left” in product quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Company / Industry Knowledge: Prior experience in IT or financial services industries is strongly preferred.
- 4+ years’ technical QA experience in backend database testing utilizing MS SQL
- 4-5 year of ETL testing experience
- Familiarity with Jira and TestRail is a plus.
- Experience working in traditional and agile scrum teams.
- Ability to use tools and/or scripts to design, implement, and document tests.
- Knowledge of unit testing, automation testing, regression testing, end-to-end testing, etc.
- Unfailing attention to detail necessary to develop appropriate permutations of testing.
- Creative problem-solving skills, technical curiosity, customer advocacy, strong work ethic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands on skills in test data management.
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills – a team player who can effectively partner with all levels of the company.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to quickly sift through concepts and drill down into actionable step.
- Ability to handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing situations and the ability to drive results through ambiguous environments or unexpected obstacles.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure quality service and work product.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@trellance.com.