Vendor Management Consultant
The Vendor Management Consultant is responsible for leading end-to-end engagements for the company’s Vendor Evaluation Services team (VES). The VES team helps credit unions find innovative ways to reduce costs, manage vendor selection, improve vendor relationships, and stimulate portfolio growth. We seek to help our clients extract the maximum value from their vendors and the products and services they offer.
- Manage assigned client engagements with the goal of delivering on the stated objectives outlined in the Statement of Work document executed by the credit union and in alignment with the Trellance consulting engagement guidelines
- Work with VES team to develop and/or improve business lines where credit union clients can leverage our operational expertise and take full advantage of our services.
- Work with VES team to develop processes and frameworks that effectively enhance our service offerings and that meet corporate and client objectives. This includes the design of product features, product pricing, contractual terms, and quality standards.
- Synthesize client issues by utilizing a high level of subject matter expertise and technical acumen to approach client engagements in an educated manner to deliver meaningful and profitable consulting advice.
- Consult with clients to assist them with negotiating effective partnerships, contracts and pricing with their current and prospective vendors.
- Oversee multiple consulting projects annually to ensure high quality engagements that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Lead and contribute to sales proposals, client presentations and the finalization of engagement-related deliverables.
- Create project plans and timelines to successfully meet client needs.
- Succeed in developing and maintaining relationships with key C-Level Executives and decision makers.
- Proactively engage with clients in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with clients.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to support efforts to deliver impactful messaging on our capabilities and solutions and consult with clients regarding product adoption.
- Represent Trellance at client presentations/meetings, tradeshows, conferences, board meetings and other speaking opportunities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field.
- Experience in vendor management consulting, vendor selection proposal preparation and execution, technology, analytics and RFP consulting services strongly preferred.
- Implementation/project management experience in the payments processing space (credit, debt) is preferred.
- Significant client-facing experience in the credit union or financial services industry strongly preferred.
- Proven capability in consulting service development and management and delivery of services to clients.
- Prior experience in proposal preparation, project management, and service development.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to comfortably interact with executive level clients.
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills – a team player who can effectively partner with all levels of the company.
- Detail oriented and organized. Ability to handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Some overnight travel is required (up to 30%) along with the ability to work effectively with a broad and diverse client base.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@trellance.com.